Thursday, November 3, 2016

Tech Tip: Canvas App

Permissions

I'm not sure why Canvas needs permission to use my microphone or camera. Not that I think the app will be spying on me, but I don't like to give unnecessary permissions if I can avoid it.

Setup

I really like how it asks you about notifications right away. Normally a lot of apps don't want to disrupt the user experience by delaying them from accessing the core content of an app, but I get so annoyed by unwanted notifications that being able to select which ones I receive right away was nice.

Usability

I had no trouble navigating the app. It seems like most of the features on the Canvas web application are reproduced in the mobile app, including the grade viewing / testing.

User Interface

The interface was pretty standard. There are two navigation bars so it was a little hard to figure out at first, but overall not bad.


Conclusion

I probably won't use the app much unless I receive a notification and want to check on a grade or due date or something, but I'm glad that I have the option to do all the things I need to on the app!

No comments:

Post a Comment