Sunday, November 6, 2016

Famous Last Words: Hackathons and the Election

This class

I haven't done one of these posts before, so I'm going to reflect on the entire semester instead of a past time period.

For this class, I think I've done a pretty okay job with the work that I've done so far. I've had some not-so-good work ethic at times, but the work that I have done for the class (stories, storybook, and critiquing others) has been good effort on my part.

One mistake that I made was depending on Canvas to check my grade. I thought, since some assignments weren't graded properly, that I was getting a high-A this whole time, but as it turns out I should have hit 300 points at the end of this week to be on pace for an A, but after doing all of the extra credit assignments this week, I will be just short of 300 at the end.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to work really hard to do every assignment well and also finish this extra credit. I want to finish the class by Week 14, so it's going to take a lot of work!

Outside of this class

This weekend, I went to a Hackathon, which is an event where a bunch of students work on developing programming projects. It was a really neat experience actually. They have them all year long, and I definitely want to attend as many as I can. There were a lot of people there who were more experience than I was at programming, and that makes me really want to improve as much as I can.

Additionally, the election is coming up this next weekend. I'm not really in favor of either candidate because both scenarios, to me, suck. Trump is clearly a bad choice. He's incredibly offensive, inexperience, and doesn't have any real plans with details. Hillary is a seasoned politician, one that has done some rather shady stuff, including breaking the law with her private server. Though I am more of a democrat in terms of policies, I really also despise political corruption so it makes me hard to vote for her.
File:Hackathon TLV 2013 - (48).jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment