Sunday, November 27, 2016

Famous Last Words: A Week of Much Needed Laziness

I guess I'll actually cover two weeks of review, since the week for this class actually spanned 2 weeks.

This week I went really hard on the assignments and extra credit because I wanted to put myself in a good position to finish out the semester a week early. Well, I did that during the week leading up to Thanksgiving break. This week, I planned on doing all of my assignments + extra credit before the break but that didn't happen.

It also didn't happen anytime during the break even though I stayed away from my family. Instead, I spent a lot of time playing video games with my friends and just relaxing. By the time Sunday rolled around, I was a little upset that I didn't do any homework, but then I realized that just doing nothing productive for a few days actually was really nice.

I should be able to finish out this semester pretty strongly. I don't have any major projects, just three midterm exams to finish up. Oh! And the final story for this class, which should be challenging but fun to write. Which, to be completely honest, is probably going to haunt me all week. I have NO idea how I'm going to finish the story... and I upped the ante majorly in story 2 by bringing a more sinister element into Miles' adventures. I honestly don't think it was the right decision from a story perspective because it completely changed the tone of the blog and was pretty difficult to write. Anything with a more darker, complex narrative takes a lot more time and pages to turn into a good piece of writing, so I'm not exactly optimistic about my ability to turn this one around (and still be satisfied with the result).

For the rest of this class, I'm going to try to finish up the extra credit assignments for the week (minus the reading) and hit tomorrow pretty hard. The goal is to finish everything except for the Project story by Friday, which should leave me plenty of time to mull over how I'm going to decide Miles' fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment