Thursday, November 3, 2016

Learning Challenge: I Thought I was Paying Attention

Video source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4svQ-CGpII

For this week's challenge, I decided to do it a learning challenge on attention because I feel like I've been having a lot of trouble focusing lately. While this video didn't really help me with that in general,  I did find it to be very interesting! I have seen the gorilla video before, so I thought that I wouldn't be tricked this time around, but because I was focused on the counting and the gorilla walking through, I didn't notice the other seemingly obvious changes. 

I suppose there's then an upside and a downside to attention: if we're tuned in to the wrong things, we can miss out on rather obvious stimuli that could actually be important for us. 

File:Aerosvit Boeing-737-400 UR-VVP pilot cabin.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment