Sunday, September 4, 2016

Growth Mindset: The 30 Day Challenge and Failing Superman

This week I decided to watch two videos to learn more about the growth mindset. From the Growth Mindset playlist, I watched Trying something new for 30 days and Failing Superman.

I chose the first video because I've heard about various challenges to try new things, but I never actually try anything new. The speaker's message was simply, encouraging, and applicable to a number of things. I have written down a few things to try over the next 30 days thanks to this video.

The second video was pretty interesting as well, because education is something that I've thought a lot about. I don't find a lot of value in traditional education, because a lot of what I've learned that has been useful to me I've learned on my own. That's not to brag, but merely to echo the creator of the video's viewpoint that we all are interested in different things and we learn in different ways. It is rare to find cases where the public education system has taken care of a student's learning needs perfectly. I'm not sure what the solution is because it's a rather complex problem and we've been rooted in the same curriculum for so long, but I am optimistic that people like the creator of the video will be able to carve out a system that works for all of our future students.


Studious Superman, photo by Flickr user T K

No comments:

Post a Comment