Sunday, September 4, 2016

Feedback Thoughts

Feedback is such an interesting thing, because it, at least in my experience, has such a bad reputation, but is truly so good for us as individuals. I'm very interested in self development, so a lot of the concepts talked about in the articles I read were not new to me, but it's very important to keep them in mind, so being refreshed on these core ideas of feedback was nice.

I'm a lot better at giving feedback than receiving it, and part of the reason is that I'm pretty sure I was raised as a narcissistic child - at least to some degree. I am the sixth of seven children, so it was pretty natural for me to make comparisons to the achievements of my siblings. It was a long time coming, but I've grown up a lot since then after having a few rough breaks. Like many others, college has taught me a lot about myself that I didn't realize as a child. 

The feedback from this course is going to be difficult to accept, but I'm going to try to do my best to absorb as much from it and learn to improve myself as a writer and storyteller. The creative arts don't come naturally to me, but I think I'll learn to appreciate them a lot more once I've gone through some of the difficulties that artists have to deal with - albeit on a much smaller scale.


File:Climbing in Lei Pi Shan - Yangshuo, China.jpg

Photo of someone rock climbing by Maria Ly 

No comments:

Post a Comment