Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

1. Reading Out Loud

I really like reading out loud, but sometimes it distracts from the reading's content because I focus on my voice. I'm really into voice work, so this might just be a problem for me. I still think it's a good technique if you really need to focus and slow down.

2. Copy-and-Delete

This technique was a little better than the reading out loud technique in terms of retention with just one read-through because it forced me to think about what had been said at the end of paragraph. I tried this method while reading out loud, and it made the experience even better. I was very aware during the reading.

3. Use a Timer

I usually use timers when I work on homework because I use the Pomodoro technique, which entails 25 minutes of focused work followed by a 5 minute break. This technique works pretty well for me. I think in all honesty, the best idea is to do all three of these techniques simultaneously if possible!


Focused readers by Erik Albers from Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment