Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

For weeks 2 and 3, I've decided to do the unit on Ovid's Metamorphoses. I was already kind of familiar with some of the other classical works, but I haven't heard much about the actual stories that are contained in it. 

For the future, I would like to read the following three units: 

  1. Japanese Myth: I'm pretty interested in Japan as a country already, and I really like some of the stories that I've heard so far, but I haven't studied their mythology at all.
  2. Indian Fairy Tales: Like most kids, I read a lot of fairy tales growing up. A few years ago, I started to find out some of the origins of the tales that I had heard about as a child. This unit interests me because I want to see what fairy tales from another culture are like and to see if I can draw any comparisons between the ones that I heard growing up and these stories.  
  3. Twenty-Two Goblins: I chose this unit because it sounded really strange, and I like weird things.

Image from the
UnTextbook's Unit Twenty-Two Goblins

No comments:

Post a Comment