Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My Favorite Place

Last semester, I studied abroad in Clermont-Ferrand, France. While there were many places in France and elsewhere in Europe that were tempting to pick for this post, Barcelona was the city that amazed me the most. I spent so much time simply walking through the decorative streets, visiting all the historic nooks and crannies that the city had to offer. 

Barcelona also has a super crazy history, so the tours I took were all so interesting to me. Beyond its storied past, it also offers some great modern-day treasures such as beautiful beaches and parks. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about traveling to Europe! 

The picture below is of the Arc de Triomf, similar to the one in Paris, but surrounded by classic emblems of Barcelona - palm trees and gorgeous, sunny weather. 

The Arc de Triomf in Barcelona [1]


[1] Image by Mattia Felice Palermo. Reuse provided by Wikimedia Commons.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture, Joe: wow! And between France and Spain, you have two interests here that could each make a wonderful project for this class. Someone else also posted about Barcelona... let me see if I can remember who - yes, it was Geena; you can see her Barcelona post here: Barcelona :-)

    ReplyDelete