Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

GM Strengths

In general, I'm a pretty growth-mindset-oriented person. I really gravitate towards the idea of self-improvement and enjoy learning about a lot of different things. I accept that change is a necessary part of life. Though it is often very hard to deal with, I ultimately think change is for the good.

GM Weaknesses

This section is going to be somewhat longer because I am a persistent self-critic. Whenever it comes to school, I have a hard time keeping my growth mindset. With due dates and midterms, it's hard for me not to think of everything as a grade. I often have to remind myself why I'm even in school. I have passions in my schoolwork, but I tend to lose sight of them when there's a cold, numerical evaluation attached to every effort I put forth.

The Next Step

For the next half of the semester, I'm going to try to tie my passions out of school to my academic coursework. This will require more effort, certainly, but I think it could work to my advantage. Since I have to spent a certain amount of time on academics, I might as well try and enjoy myself and push myself to do better.

With this, I would also like to stop neglecting my outside hobbies and passions. I can't remember the last time I read a book for fun or played a new video game.



Book on the grass

I miss books.
Image via pexels

2 comments:

  1. I too find myself gravitating toward this idea of constant self-improvement. I think we as people will always have room to grow and mold into better versions of ourselves. I am the type of person who also thinks of everything as a grade. It wasn't until this semester when I began to view school in a different light. I focused more on was I was learning and how I could apply it to my everyday life. That is what helped me from transition into more of a growth mindset. Sounds like you are on the right track!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people tend to focus more on grades. I personally do that all the time. I do agree with you that due dates and exams always seem to creep up. Also, I think that balancing your academics and hobbies are extremely important. Save a little time for yourself to do what ever you want. It will feel rewarding at the end!

    ReplyDelete